support for name+tag@domain.com?

Tamis Achilles van der Laan Tamis Achilles van der Laan

support for name+tag@domain.com?

Hey guys,

Big fan of notmuch, using it in conjunction with astroid making it the perfect email system for me.
I have the following question, with gmail you can add tags to your email using the + sign, for example:

[hidden email]

When I send myself an email with this address notmuch doesn't automatically add the mytag tag, although the
from address does include the +mytag. Is there some way to set this behavior up, should it not be there by default?

Regards

Re: support for name+tag@domain.com?

Tamis Achilles van der Laan <[hidden email]> writes:

> When I send myself an email with this address notmuch doesn't
> automatically add the mytag tag, although the from address does
> include the +mytag. Is there some way to set this behavior up, should
> it not be there by default?

You can certainly script this; for a small number of tags a simple
post-new (or post-insert) hook would do the trick. I'm not sure if afew
offers support for something like that, but it might be worth checking
out.

I wonder about the security (broadly speaking) implications of allowing
random people on the internet to specify what tags a message should
have. I guess you could have a whitelist of tags you allow to be set
this way.