rfc: notmuch-status.el - notmuch status reporting

David Edmondson David Edmondson

rfc: notmuch-status.el - notmuch status reporting

I've been using something like this code for a few years, so I figured
that some other people might also want it.

It's intended as an in-emacs mail notifier, though in most cases I don't
actually have the “notifier” part running, I just use a key sequence to
query the state.

The idea is to layer on top of the existing `notmuch-saved-searches' as
a set of queries that you find interesting. When combined with
`notmuch-jump' it provides, I think, a quick way of seeing the state of
queries that you care about and then jumping to the corresponding
messages.

Hopefully the explanatory text in the file itself is sufficient for
someone to use it.

I am, of course, open to suggestions and improvements.

If it's of interest to others I'm happy to submit a patch to have it
added to notmuch, perhaps after we've discussed it a bit here.

dme.
--
If I could buy my reasoning, I'd pay to lose.

notmuch-status.el (8K) Download Attachment
Antoine Beaupré-3 Antoine Beaupré-3

Re: rfc: notmuch-status.el - notmuch status reporting

On 2019-12-05 12:56:46, David Edmondson wrote:
> The idea is to layer on top of the existing `notmuch-saved-searches' as
> a set of queries that you find interesting. When combined with
> `notmuch-jump' it provides, I think, a quick way of seeing the state of
> queries that you care about and then jumping to the corresponding
> messages.

That's pretty neat!
Whatever is said in Latin sounds profound.