notmuch-show-view-part does nothing

David Wen Riccardi-Zhu David Wen Riccardi-Zhu

notmuch-show-view-part does nothing

On Arch Linux x86_64, using Emacs 25.2.1, notmuch-show-view-part does
nothing.

Any suggestions on how I can fix this?
--
dwrz|朱为文

Re: notmuch-show-view-part does nothing

david wen riccardi-zhu <[hidden email]> writes:

> On Arch Linux x86_64, using Emacs 25.2.1, notmuch-show-view-part does
> nothing.
>
> Any suggestions on how I can fix this?

It probably mainly has to do with mailcap configuration [1]. What is the
mime type of the part you are trying to display? what version of
notmuch?

[1] see the function mm-display-part for more information
YANG Ling YANG Ling

David Bremner <[hidden email]> writes:

> david wen riccardi-zhu <[hidden email]> writes:
>
>> On Arch Linux x86_64, using Emacs 25.2.1, notmuch-show-view-part does
>> nothing.
>>
>> Any suggestions on how I can fix this?
>
> It probably mainly has to do with mailcap configuration [1]. What is the
> mime type of the part you are trying to display? what version of
> notmuch?

> [1] see the function mm-display-part for more information

Hi. I met the same problem before. I solved it by creating a file ~/.mailcap
There are many mail cap examples. You can search them by google easily.
Mine is here:
https://pastebin.com/raw/CyW3Z8nu
Of course you need modify it to fit your needs.

--
Allen Yang