notmuch.readthedocs.org

It seems that this site has bitrotted.  I hit the build button and it
now builds the CLI docs instead of the python bindings.  I assume since
Sebastian has moved on from maintaining the bindings he's also not
intersted in maintaining this site. If someone would like to take over
and fix what needs to be fixed, then great, otherwise I'll ask the
readthedocs admins to purge the site. It seems like it should be
possible to have CLI and python docs in one sphinx tree, so maybe that's
something we can do upstream to help.

Patches tolerated, as we like to say ;).

David
Ben Gamari-2 Ben Gamari-2

Re: notmuch.readthedocs.org

David Bremner <[hidden email]> writes:

> It seems that this site has bitrotted.  I hit the build button and it
> now builds the CLI docs instead of the python bindings.  I assume since
> Sebastian has moved on from maintaining the bindings he's also not
> intersted in maintaining this site. If someone would like to take over
> and fix what needs to be fixed, then great, otherwise I'll ask the
> readthedocs admins to purge the site. It seems like it should be
> possible to have CLI and python docs in one sphinx tree, so maybe that's
> something we can do upstream to help.

I have set up a separate project for the Python bindings here [1]. I
looked into how one might convince Sphinx to build both sets of
documentation in one run but it seems this is not trivial without unduly
coupling the two. Having two separate projects seems like a fair
solution for now.

David, perhaps you could update the description of the notmuch RtD
project to reflect that fact that it is no longer describing the Python
bindings? Perhaps it might also make sense to add a link to the
notmuch-python project in the project description. I'd be happy to keep
an eye on the notmuch project if you want to add me to the maintainers
list.

Cheers,

- Ben

[1] http://notmuch-python.readthedocs.org/en/latest/

Ben Gamari-2 Ben Gamari-2

Re: notmuch.readthedocs.org

> It seems that this site has bitrotted.  I hit the build button and it
> now builds the CLI docs instead of the python bindings.  I assume since
> Sebastian has moved on from maintaining the bindings he's also not
> intersted in maintaining this site. If someone would like to take over
> and fix what needs to be fixed, then great, otherwise I'll ask the
> readthedocs admins to purge the site. It seems like it should be
> possible to have CLI and python docs in one sphinx tree, so maybe that's
> something we can do upstream to help.

Also, I just noticed that readthedocs supports a notion of
subprojects. Perhaps try adding notmuch-python to the subprojects list
of notmuch. I'm frankly not sure what the subproject relationship
entails beyond exposing notmuch-python in the notmuch.readthedocs.org
subdomain.

Cheers,

- Ben

Re: notmuch.readthedocs.org

Ben Gamari <[hidden email]> writes:

> David, perhaps you could update the description of the notmuch RtD
> project to reflect that fact that it is no longer describing the Python
> bindings? Perhaps it might also make sense to add a link to the
> notmuch-python project in the project description. I'd be happy to keep
> an eye on the notmuch project if you want to add me to the maintainers
> list.

I'm not an admin of the readthedocs project. I guess Justus is?
The seperate project approach seems good enough to me too. Justus
(assuming you are an admin), how about adding Ben so he fix things up a
bit?

David
Justus Winter Justus Winter

Re: notmuch.readthedocs.org

Quoting David Bremner (2014-11-16 21:23:21)
> Ben Gamari <[hidden email]> writes:
>

> > David, perhaps you could update the description of the notmuch RtD
> > project to reflect that fact that it is no longer describing the Python
> > bindings?

Indeed, the 0.14 version still documents the python bindings, while
0.15 just lists all the man pages.

> > Perhaps it might also make sense to add a link to the
> > notmuch-python project in the project description. I'd be happy to keep
> > an eye on the notmuch project if you want to add me to the maintainers
> > list.
> >

> I'm not an admin of the readthedocs project. I guess Justus is?
> The seperate project approach seems good enough to me too. Justus
> (assuming you are an admin), how about adding Ben so he fix things up a
> bit?

Sure thing! Ben, what's your username at rtfd?

Justus
Ben Gamari-2 Ben Gamari-2

Re: notmuch.readthedocs.org

Justus Winter <[hidden email]> writes:

> Quoting David Bremner (2014-11-16 21:23:21)
>> I'm not an admin of the readthedocs project. I guess Justus is?
>> The seperate project approach seems good enough to me too. Justus
>> (assuming you are an admin), how about adding Ben so he fix things up a
>> bit?
>
> Sure thing! Ben, what's your username at rtfd?

bgamari

Thanks,

- Ben

spaetz spaetz

Re: notmuch.readthedocs.org

Am 16.11.2014 20:00, schrieb Ben Gamari:

> David Bremner <[hidden email]> writes:
>
>> It seems that this site has bitrotted.  I hit the build button and it
>> now builds the CLI docs instead of the python bindings.  I assume since
>> Sebastian has moved on from maintaining the bindings he's also not
>> intersted in maintaining this site. If someone would like to take over
>> and fix what needs to be fixed, then great, otherwise I'll ask the
>> readthedocs admins to purge the site. It seems like it should be
>> possible to have CLI and python docs in one sphinx tree, so maybe that's
>> something we can do upstream to help.
Let me know if I should be deleting the site. Or hand it over, or
something :-).

Sebastian

Justus Winter Justus Winter

Re: notmuch.readthedocs.org

Hey Sebastian,

Quoting Sebastian Spaeth (2014-11-18 09:44:15)
> Let me know if I should be deleting the site. Or hand it over, or
> something :-).

If I remember correctly, you handed notmuch.rtfd.org over to me.  Or
you deleted the project, and I created a new one in its place, I don't
recall.

Ben, I added you as maintainer.  I cannot, however, seem to be able to
remove myself as maintainer.

Justus
Ben Gamari-2 Ben Gamari-2

Re: notmuch.readthedocs.org

Justus Winter <[hidden email]> writes:

> Hey Sebastian,
>
> Quoting Sebastian Spaeth (2014-11-18 09:44:15)
>> Let me know if I should be deleting the site. Or hand it over, or
>> something :-).
>
> If I remember correctly, you handed notmuch.rtfd.org over to me.  Or
> you deleted the project, and I created a new one in its place, I don't
> recall.
>
> Ben, I added you as maintainer.  I cannot, however, seem to be able to
> remove myself as maintainer.

No worries.

I've updated the description and added notmuch-python as a
subproject. For what it's worth the notmuch-python documentation can now
be accessed at
http://notmuch.rtfd.org/projects/notmuch-python/en/latest/ in addition
to its usual home at http://notmuch-python.rtfd.org/

- Ben

Re: notmuch.readthedocs.org

Ben Gamari <[hidden email]> writes:

> Justus Winter <[hidden email]> writes:
>
>> Hey Sebastian,
>>
>> Quoting Sebastian Spaeth (2014-11-18 09:44:15)
>>> Let me know if I should be deleting the site. Or hand it over, or
>>> something :-).
>>
>> If I remember correctly, you handed notmuch.rtfd.org over to me.  Or
>> you deleted the project, and I created a new one in its place, I don't
>> recall.
>>
>> Ben, I added you as maintainer.  I cannot, however, seem to be able to
>> remove myself as maintainer.
>>
> No worries.
>
> I've updated the description and added notmuch-python as a
> subproject. For what it's worth the notmuch-python documentation can now
> be accessed at
> http://notmuch.rtfd.org/projects/notmuch-python/en/latest/ in addition
> to its usual home at http://notmuch-python.rtfd.org/
>
> - Ben

Hi Justus, Hi Ben;

I notice these are a bit stale again. Is one of you planning on
updating, or should we pass on maintence (or shut it down?)