notmuch-message-mark-replied

In  d9800c8 we deleted the function notmuch-message-mark-replied.

Should we make a deprecated-alias for
notmuch-message-apply-queued-tag-changes?

Örjan Ekeberg Örjan Ekeberg

Re: notmuch-message-mark-replied

David Bremner <[hidden email]> writes:
> In  d9800c8 we deleted the function notmuch-message-mark-replied.
>
> Should we make a deprecated-alias for
> notmuch-message-apply-queued-tag-changes?

The two functions are not interchangeable, so it may not be appropriate
to mark it as an alias.

notmuch-message-mark-replied looked for a In-Reply-To: header while
notmuch-message-apply-queued-tag-changes checks if the message has
notmuch-message-queued-tag-changes set (it is set when composing a reply).

On the other hand; if a user has code which explicitly sets the
message-send-hook, the new function will serve as the natural
replacement for the deleted one.

/Örjan

Örjan Ekeberg <[hidden email]> writes:

> David Bremner <[hidden email]> writes:
>> In  d9800c8 we deleted the function notmuch-message-mark-replied.
>>
>> Should we make a deprecated-alias for
>> notmuch-message-apply-queued-tag-changes?
>
> The two functions are not interchangeable, so it may not be appropriate
> to mark it as an alias.
[snip]
> On the other hand; if a user has code which explicitly sets the
> message-send-hook, the new function will serve as the natural
> replacement for the deleted one.

So maybe just a NEWS snippet to point those users in the right
direction?

Rollins, Jameson Rollins, Jameson

On Mon, Jun 03 2019, David Bremner <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Örjan Ekeberg <[hidden email]> writes:
>
>> David Bremner <[hidden email]> writes:
>>> In  d9800c8 we deleted the function notmuch-message-mark-replied.
>>>
>>> Should we make a deprecated-alias for
>>> notmuch-message-apply-queued-tag-changes?
>>
>> The two functions are not interchangeable, so it may not be appropriate
>> to mark it as an alias.
> [snip]
>> On the other hand; if a user has code which explicitly sets the
>> message-send-hook, the new function will serve as the natural
>> replacement for the deleted one.
>
> So maybe just a NEWS snippet to point those users in the right
> direction?

I have the following in my emacs config:

 '(message-send-hook
   (quote
    (notmuch-message-mark-replied notmuch-fcc-header-setup)))

I'm wondering what if anything I should replace this with.

jamie.

"Rollins, Jameson" <[hidden email]> writes:

> I have the following in my emacs config:
>
>  '(message-send-hook
>    (quote
>     (notmuch-message-mark-replied notmuch-fcc-header-setup)))

As far as I know it can be deleted. At least both marking as replied and
fcc headers work OK for me without it.

Örjan Ekeberg Örjan Ekeberg

Re: notmuch-message-mark-replied

"Rollins, Jameson" <[hidden email]> writes:
> I have the following in my emacs config:
>
>  '(message-send-hook
>    (quote
>     (notmuch-message-mark-replied notmuch-fcc-header-setup)))
>
> I'm wondering what if anything I should replace this with.

You should probably remove this altogether.

notmuch-message-mark-replied used to be the default value for this hook,
but has now been replaced by notmuch-message-apply-queued-tag-changes.

notmuch-fcc-header-setup is called already when composing a message, so
it no longer is needed to call is from the hook.

/Örjan

On Mon, Jun 03 2019, Örjan Ekeberg <[hidden email]> wrote:

> "Rollins, Jameson" <[hidden email]> writes:
>> I have the following in my emacs config:
>>
>>  '(message-send-hook
>>    (quote
>>     (notmuch-message-mark-replied notmuch-fcc-header-setup)))
>>
>> I'm wondering what if anything I should replace this with.
>
> You should probably remove this altogether.
>
> notmuch-message-mark-replied used to be the default value for this hook,
> but has now been replaced by notmuch-message-apply-queued-tag-changes.
>
> notmuch-fcc-header-setup is called already when composing a message, so
> it no longer is needed to call is from the hook.

Great thanks.