notmuch-hello-mode-map removed

Jon Fineman Jon Fineman

notmuch-hello-mode-map removed

I just upgraded my notmuch library and noticed that per this thread the
function notmuch-hello-mode-map was removed.
https://nmbug.notmuchmail.org/nmweb/show/20200726165818.400-14-jonas%40bernoul.li

I had been following this guide to map keys to various notmuch
functions.
https://notmuchmail.org/emacstips/#index5h2

For example I have this mapping:
(define-key notmuch-hello-mode-map "i"
  (lambda ()
    (interactive)
    (notmuch-hello-search "folder:INBOX not tag:deleted")))

Still being very new to emacs and elisp I am having trouble coming up
with how to replace notmuch-hello-mode-map with another fuction.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Jon
David Edmondson David Edmondson

Re: notmuch-hello-mode-map removed

On Sunday, 2021-01-17 at 15:16:20 -05, Jon Fineman wrote:

> I just upgraded my notmuch library and noticed that per this thread the
> function notmuch-hello-mode-map was removed.
> https://nmbug.notmuchmail.org/nmweb/show/20200726165818.400-14-jonas%40bernoul.li
>
> I had been following this guide to map keys to various notmuch
> functions.
> https://notmuchmail.org/emacstips/#index5h2
>
> For example I have this mapping:
> (define-key notmuch-hello-mode-map "i"
>   (lambda ()
>     (interactive)
>     (notmuch-hello-search "folder:INBOX not tag:deleted")))

Use "notmuch-search" rather than "notmuch-hello-search" here.

Tomas Nordin Tomas Nordin

Jon Fineman <[hidden email]> writes:

> I just upgraded my notmuch library and noticed that per this thread the
> function notmuch-hello-mode-map was removed.
> https://nmbug.notmuchmail.org/nmweb/show/20200726165818.400-14-jonas%40bernoul.li
>
> I had been following this guide to map keys to various notmuch
> functions.
> https://notmuchmail.org/emacstips/#index5h2
>
> For example I have this mapping:
> (define-key notmuch-hello-mode-map "i"
>   (lambda ()
>     (interactive)
>     (notmuch-hello-search "folder:INBOX not tag:deleted")))
>
> Still being very new to emacs and elisp I am having trouble coming up
> with how to replace notmuch-hello-mode-map with another fuction.

I don't think you have to. notmuch-hello-mode-map is a mode-map variable
and your 'define-key' is using it as such. I have a lot of those too and
hope it will continue to work. I think it will remain a mode-map also
after the change communicated in that thread.
Jon Fineman Jon Fineman

Re: notmuch-hello-mode-map removed

Thank you. That worked.

On Sun, 17 Jan 2021 20:42:27 +0000
David Edmondson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Sunday, 2021-01-17 at 15:16:20 -05, Jon Fineman wrote:
>
> > I just upgraded my notmuch library and noticed that per this thread
> > the function notmuch-hello-mode-map was removed.
> > https://nmbug.notmuchmail.org/nmweb/show/20200726165818.400-14-jonas%40bernoul.li
> >
> > I had been following this guide to map keys to various notmuch
> > functions.
> > https://notmuchmail.org/emacstips/#index5h2
> >
> > For example I have this mapping:
> > (define-key notmuch-hello-mode-map "i"
> >   (lambda ()
> >     (interactive)
> >     (notmuch-hello-search "folder:INBOX not tag:deleted")))
>
> Use "notmuch-search" rather than "notmuch-hello-search" here.
>
> > Still being very new to emacs and elisp I am having trouble coming
> > up with how to replace notmuch-hello-mode-map with another fuction.
> >
> > Any help would be appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > Jon

Re: notmuch-hello-mode-map removed

Jon Fineman <[hidden email]> writes:

> I just upgraded my notmuch library and noticed that per this thread the
> function notmuch-hello-mode-map was removed.
> https://nmbug.notmuchmail.org/nmweb/show/20200726165818.400-14-jonas%40bernoul.li
>
> I had been following this guide to map keys to various notmuch
> functions.
> https://notmuchmail.org/emacstips/#index5h2
>
> For example I have this mapping:
> (define-key notmuch-hello-mode-map "i"
>   (lambda ()
>     (interactive)
>     (notmuch-hello-search "folder:INBOX not tag:deleted")))

Other people have commented on the map issue. For this particular
command you could also add a saved search, and give it a key.

M-x customize-variable notmuch-saved-searches

for more help.