match: in structured "notmuch reply" output

Daniel Kahn Gillmor Daniel Kahn Gillmor

match: in structured "notmuch reply" output

hey good notmuch people.

I noticed today that "notmuch reply --format=json id:[hidden email]"
emits a json object that contains:

   "match": false,

reading devel/schemata, it looks like this is kind of a vestigial thing
from "notmuch show" and it doesn't really belong in "notmuch reply".

bremner points out on IRC that removing this element would be a
backward-incompatible change for the schema.  we could also change its
output to true (since presumably it does match the requested e-mail).

or, we could just ignore the issue and try to remember to rip it out
next time we change the output format, as i think every consumer of
structured "notmuch reply" output already probably ignores this flag.

if you're working on a consumer of "notmuch reply" structured output,
does this flag mean anything to you? does it need to stick around, or
does its value mean something one way or another?

     --dkg