how to configure notmuch-emacs to automatically show application/pgp partsFcc: sent -unread

Gregor Zattler Gregor Zattler

how to configure notmuch-emacs to automatically show application/pgp partsFcc: sent -unread

Dear notmuch users and developers, could one please enlighten me,
how to configure notmuch-emacs in order to automatically show
application/pgp mime parts in emails as in e.g. cryptograhically
signed debian security advisories (as attached).

Thanks, Gregor

attachment0 (3K) Download Attachment

Re: how to configure notmuch-emacs to automatically show application/pgp partsFcc: sent -unread

Gregor Zattler <[hidden email]> writes:

> Dear notmuch users and developers, could one please enlighten me,
> how to configure notmuch-emacs in order to automatically show
> application/pgp mime parts in emails as in e.g. cryptograhically
> signed debian security advisories (as attached).

I think currently there is no support for application/pgp content
time. The MIME RFC (from 2001!) describes that as "since withdrawn").
I don't know much more about it, maybe a later RFC revived this mime
type.

David Bremner <[hidden email]> writes:

> Gregor Zattler <[hidden email]> writes:
>
>> Dear notmuch users and developers, could one please enlighten me,
>> how to configure notmuch-emacs in order to automatically show
>> application/pgp mime parts in emails as in e.g. cryptograhically
>> signed debian security advisories (as attached).
>
> I think currently there is no support for application/pgp content
> time. The MIME RFC (from 2001!) describes that as "since withdrawn").
> I don't know much more about it, maybe a later RFC revived this mime
> type.

By the way, I looked at that message in the debian list archives, and it
is not using application/pgp. So I guess some mail server is "helpfully"
repackaging things on receipt.