email recipient not taken into account when replying?

Alan Schmitt Alan Schmitt

email recipient not taken into account when replying?

Hello,

I sometimes receive some emails at the address
[hidden email]. This email is declared as part of my
alternate emails (I do not consider this private information so I'm
posting it):

(setq message-alternative-emails
      (regexp-opt '("[hidden email]"
                    "[hidden email]"
                    "[hidden email]"
                    "[hidden email]")))

When I reply in emacs, notmuch uses my email in polytechnique.org. The
surprising thing is that this does not cause a problem for the email in
inria.fr (replies are sent from that address), but only for
lemondedujeu.org (I did not test irisa.fr).

Is there another way to tell notmuch to use as From address the address
the email was sent to, if it's one of my emails?

Thanks,

Alan
Carl Worth-2 Carl Worth-2

Re: email recipient not taken into account when replying?

On Wed, Jan 08 2020, Alan Schmitt wrote:
> Is there another way to tell notmuch to use as From address the address
> the email was sent to, if it's one of my emails?

Yes. The user.other_email configuration entry should do that.

For example, in ~/.notmuch-config:

[user]
name=Alan Schmitt
primary_email=[hidden email]
other_email=[hidden email],[hidden email],[hidden email]"

-Carl

Alan Schmitt Alan Schmitt

On 2020-01-08 08:59, Carl Worth <[hidden email]> writes:

> On Wed, Jan 08 2020, Alan Schmitt wrote:
>> Is there another way to tell notmuch to use as From address the address
>> the email was sent to, if it's one of my emails?
>
> Yes. The user.other_email configuration entry should do that.
>
> For example, in ~/.notmuch-config:
>
> [user]
> name=Alan Schmitt
> primary_email=[hidden email]
> other_email=[hidden email],[hidden email],[hidden email]"

It works great, thanks a lot.

Best,

Alan