[emacs] Auto-rotate pictures

Pierre Neidhardt Pierre Neidhardt

[emacs] Auto-rotate pictures

Hi,

Some pictures embed "exif" metadata with autorotate information.
I know that mu4e can autorotate inlined pictures.
I guess it wouldn't be too hard to implement this for Emacs Notmuch
either.

Anyone?

--
Pierre Neidhardt
https://ambrevar.xyz/

Pierre Neidhardt Pierre Neidhardt

Re: [emacs] Auto-rotate pictures

Friendly ping! :)

--
Pierre Neidhardt
https://ambrevar.xyz/

Tomi Ollila-2 Tomi Ollila-2

On Sat, May 18 2019, Pierre Neidhardt wrote:

> Friendly ping! :)

patches tolerated >:D

(if there is anyone who is interested enough to prioritize such a thing
instead of doing something else)

Tomi

> --
> Pierre Neidhardt
> https://ambrevar.xyz/
Daniel Kahn Gillmor Daniel Kahn Gillmor

Re: [emacs] Auto-rotate pictures

Hi Pierre--

On Wed 2019-04-03 11:10:54 +0200, Pierre Neidhardt wrote:

> Some pictures embed "exif" metadata with autorotate information.
> I know that mu4e can autorotate inlined pictures.
> I guess it wouldn't be too hard to implement this for Emacs Notmuch
> either.

If you have pointers to how mu4e does the autorotation, that might
encourage one of the elisp hackers who reads this list see how to get
notmuch-emacs to do the same thing.

i am not one of the elisp hackers, sadly :(

  --dkg

David Edmondson David Edmondson

On Wednesday, 2019-04-03 at 11:10:54 +02, Pierre Neidhardt wrote:

> Some pictures embed "exif" metadata with autorotate information.
> I know that mu4e can autorotate inlined pictures.
> I guess it wouldn't be too hard to implement this for Emacs Notmuch
> either.

Can you send me (directly, not to the list) such a picture, please?

No promises on timescales for support, though!

dme.
--
And you're standing here beside me, I love the passing of time.