buggy tags

Tom Hirschowitz-2 Tom Hirschowitz-2

buggy tags

Hi all,

I sometimes mistype some tags, e.g., collaegues instead of colleagues,
etc. Of course, I then replace them with the right version.

But notmuch keeps track of these wrong tags (as of all others) and
proposes them when autocompleting, which after a few years of using
notmuch, starts being significantly annoying.

Is there a way of getting rid of them?

Thanks,
Tom

Jani Nikula Jani Nikula

Re: buggy tags

On Thu, Nov 9, 2017 at 12:11 PM, Tom Hirschowitz
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> I sometimes mistype some tags, e.g., collaegues instead of colleagues,
> etc. Of course, I then replace them with the right version.
>
> But notmuch keeps track of these wrong tags (as of all others) and
> proposes them when autocompleting, which after a few years of using
> notmuch, starts being significantly annoying.

Notmuch only completes to tags that are actually present in the
database. So you've missed some.

> Is there a way of getting rid of them?

This will list all the tags you have:

$ notmuch search --output=tags "*"

And this will replace a wrong tag with the right tag:

$ notmuch tag +right-tag -wrong-tag tag:wrong-tag

BR,
Jani.
Tom Hirschowitz-2 Tom Hirschowitz-2

Re: buggy tags