[announce] Bower 0.10

Peter Wang-2 Peter Wang-2

[announce] Bower 0.10

Hi,

Bower is a curses frontend for the Notmuch email system.
I wrote it for me, but you might like it, too.

        https://github.com/wangp/bower

Bower 0.10 (2019-01-26)
=======================

* thread/pager: Add 'W' key to forward message.
* Support BOWER_CONFIG environment variable.
* Document support for XDG Base Directory Specification.
* Support tab expansion for query:.
* Support ~NAME as a shorthand for query:NAME.
* Support Shift-Tab to cycle through completions in reverse.
* Make path completion work more smoothly.
* Minor improvements.

Bower 0.9 (2018-10-07)
======================

* Support conversion of message parts to text using external filters.
* Add ',' key to go to next unread thread/message (synonym for Tab).
* thread/pager: Show pager progress as percentage of current message.
* thread/pager: Periodically poll for new messages.
* config: Replace index.poll_period_secs with ui.poll_period_secs.

Bower 0.8.1 (2018-04-01)
========================

* Save/restore curses mode for any command that might invoke pinentry-curses.
* Add makefile target to produce man page (bower.1).

Bower 0.8 (2017-07-30)
======================
This release requires notmuch 0.21 or above.

* Look up addresses using notmuch address.
* Move add to addressbook to '@' key.
* Add 'a' keys to apply '-inbox -unread' or else '+inbox'.
* Add 'A' key to leave thread view and apply '-inbox -unread' to the thread.
* Bug fixes and minor improvements.

Peter
Ben Oliver Ben Oliver

Re: [announce] Bower 0.10

On 2019-01-26 14:10:48, Peter Wang wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Bower is a curses frontend for the Notmuch email system.
>I wrote it for me, but you might like it, too.
>
> https://github.com/wangp/bower

Is this not ripe for confusion with https://bower.io/ ?

Peter Wang-2 Peter Wang-2

Re: [announce] Bower 0.10

On Sat, 26 Jan 2019 09:17:27 +0000, Ben Oliver <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On 2019-01-26 14:10:48, Peter Wang wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >Bower is a curses frontend for the Notmuch email system.
> >I wrote it for me, but you might like it, too.
> >
> > https://github.com/wangp/bower
>
> Is this not ripe for confusion with https://bower.io/ ?

They should have thought of that when they picked the name!

Peter