Threaded view would do annoying scroll

Sanel Zukan Sanel Zukan

Threaded view would do annoying scroll

Hi,

I'm using Emacs 26.2 and Notmuch 0.28.2 and I noticed that after
updating Emacs to 26.2, notmuch would start doing annoying (auto)scroll
inside thraded view opened message, probably trying to center the
message. The search is done calling `notmuch-search`.

Anyone got similar behavior or knows how to mitigate it? Notmuch would
work fine in Emacs 24.3.1.

Please CC me with reply, I'm not member of this list.

Thanks in advance.

Best,
Sanel

PS: Appologies if you got duplicate of this mail; I wasn't been able to
access notmuchmail.org domain and I presume previous version wasn't
delivered.

Re: Threaded view would do annoying scroll

Sanel Zukan <[hidden email]> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I'm using Emacs 26.2 and Notmuch 0.28.2 and I noticed that after
> updating Emacs to 26.2, notmuch would start doing annoying (auto)scroll
> inside thraded view opened message, probably trying to center the
> message. The search is done calling `notmuch-search`.
>
> Anyone got similar behavior or knows how to mitigate it? Notmuch would
> work fine in Emacs 24.3.1.

I haven't noticed anything like this in emacs 26.1. Can you give us a
recipe to reproduce the problem, e.g. with a thread from the notmuch
mailing list?

Sanel Zukan Sanel Zukan

Re: Threaded view would do annoying scroll

Hi David,

Actually, I've had Emacs session running for a couple of weeks where
I've been also hacking some elisp code - I guess I've changed something
and forgot about that.

Your comment prompted me to try obvious approach - to dissect my init.el
file and, at the end, simple Emacs restart solved the problem.

Thanks and apologies for the noise.

Best regards,
Sanel