Tagging in tree mode

inwit inwit

Tagging in tree mode

Hi!

In order to dive a bit deeper in how notmuch for emacs works, I'm trying
to figure out why while I can press "d" and get a nice "deleted" tag
added to my messages in show mode, when I do the same thing in tree mode
I get "Nothing to tag!" instead of the expected behaviour.

After reading the list [0], I've tried to add the following snippet to
my config file, to no avail:

  (define-key notmuch-tree-mode-map "d"
     (lambda ()
       "toggle deleted tag for message"
        (interactive)
        (notmuch-tree-tag
         (if (member "deleted" (notmuch-tree-get-tags))
             (list "-deleted")
           (list "+deleted")))))

Any hint? How come the "d" shortcut is enabled by default in show mode
but not in tree mode?

Regards,

[0] https://notmuchmail.org/pipermail/notmuch/2014/018125.html

Re: Tagging in tree mode

"inwit" <[hidden email]> writes:

> Hi!
>
> In order to dive a bit deeper in how notmuch for emacs works, I'm trying
> to figure out why while I can press "d" and get a nice "deleted" tag
> added to my messages in show mode, when I do the same thing in tree mode
> I get "Nothing to tag!" instead of the expected behaviour.

I'm pretty sure that "d" in show mode is something you have customized.

david
inwit inwit

Re: Tagging in tree mode

On Mon Feb 8, 2021 at 7:45 PM CET, David Bremner wrote:

> "inwit" <[hidden email]> writes:
>
> > Hi!
> >
> > In order to dive a bit deeper in how notmuch for emacs works, I'm trying
> > to figure out why while I can press "d" and get a nice "deleted" tag
> > added to my messages in show mode, when I do the same thing in tree mode
> > I get "Nothing to tag!" instead of the expected behaviour.
>
> I'm pretty sure that "d" in show mode is something you have customized.
Darn! Actually I'm in spacemacs and using the notmuch layer [0]. Those key
bindings are from that layer, which I completely forgot about.

I am sorry. I did learn, though.

Regards,

[0] https://develop.spacemacs.org/layers/+email/notmuch/README.html#tags-to-apply-when-deleting