Syncing of IMAP accounts

Nicolas Bock Nicolas Bock

Syncing of IMAP accounts

Hi,

I am using offlineimap to sync my email for use with notmuch. As far
as I know, offlineimap supports Python 2.7 only and since Python 2.7
will EOL in about 2 weeks I am looking for a replacement. Does anyone
have a suggestion?

Thanks!

Nick
Ralph Seichter-2 Ralph Seichter-2

Re: Syncing of IMAP accounts

* Nicolas Bock:

> I am using offlineimap to sync my email for use with notmuch.

Try muchsync (http://www.muchsync.org) instead.

-Ralph
Nicolas Bock Nicolas Bock

Re: Syncing of IMAP accounts

Thanks, I will!

On Mon, Dec 16, 2019 at 2:47 PM Ralph Seichter <[hidden email]> wrote:

> * Nicolas Bock:
>
> > I am using offlineimap to sync my email for use with notmuch.
>
> Try muchsync (http://www.muchsync.org) instead.
>
> -Ralph
Ryan Tate Ryan Tate

Re: Syncing of IMAP accounts

Nicolas Bock <[hidden email]> writes:

> As far as I know, offlineimap supports Python 2.7 only and since
> Python 2.7 will EOL in about 2 weeks I am looking for a
> replacement. Does anyone have a suggestion?

I've been using mbsync (also known as isync) for several months and
it is fast and feels incredibly solid. There are debian and fedora
packages (search on "isync").

Nicolas Bock Nicolas Bock

Re: Syncing of IMAP accounts

Thanks Ryan! I'll check that out too!