Suboptimal status line for PGP signature verification

Teemu Likonen Teemu Likonen

Suboptimal status line for PGP signature verification

Notmuch Emacs has quite limited status reporting of PGP signature
verification. I'm sure this is nothing new to you but perhaps I found
one more suboptimal case.

When verifying a signature made by an expired key (like this message:
id:[hidden email]) we get red status line: "Unknown
key [...] or unsupported algorithm". The key is not unknown to me; it is
in my keyring. The signature is good but the signing subkey is just
expired.

In a better world we would probably have more information in the status
line: (1) good or bad signature and (2) key's validity: full, marginal,
expired key, tofu conflict, never...

--
///  OpenPGP key: 4E1055DC84E9DFF613D78557719D69D324539450
//  https://keys.openpgp.org/search?q=tlikonen@...