Segfault with pkcs7 message

Holger Schurig Holger Schurig

Segfault with pkcs7 message

The attached e-mail makes notmuch from git HEAD segfault:

$ notmuch --version
notmuch 0.25.1+161~g1b91884
$ notmuch show --decrypt [hidden email]
Warning: Crypto engine initialization failure (application/pkcs7-signature).
Segmentation fault

Without the --decrypt I can see the visible text, but I'm unaware on how I can make the elisp code not send this command line option.

Jani Nikula Jani Nikula

Re: Segfault with pkcs7 message

On Fri, Nov 3, 2017 at 11:05 AM, Holger Schurig <[hidden email]> wrote:
> The attached e-mail makes notmuch from git HEAD segfault:
>
> $ notmuch --version
> notmuch 0.25.1+161~g1b91884
> $ notmuch show --decrypt id:[hidden email]
> Warning: Crypto engine initialization failure (application/pkcs7-signature).
> Segmentation fault

See http://mid.mail-archive.com/20171016154044.14564-1-jani%40nikula.org

BR,
Jani.

Holger Schurig <[hidden email]> writes:

> The attached e-mail makes notmuch from git HEAD segfault:
>
> $ notmuch --version
> notmuch 0.25.1+161~g1b91884
> $ notmuch show --decrypt id:[hidden email]
> Warning: Crypto engine initialization failure (application/pkcs7-signature).
> Segmentation fault
>

> Without the --decrypt I can see the visible text, but I'm unaware on how I
> can make the elisp code not send this command line option.

Try either notmuch 0.25.2, or the master branch.