No documents in index...

Bruce C. Dillahunty Bruce C. Dillahunty

No documents in index...

Hello all... first time poster :-)

Used notmuch for several years with mutt, but been away a while and coming back. Different machine, etc. In the past it always "just worked", but not so much now.

I'm on a Linux box, notmuch built from git (tried 0.25 and latest git pull), xapian 1.4.4.

I configure it, run "notmuch new" and it chews through an appropriate number (285000+) emails. It generates some large index files in ~/Maildir/.notmuch/xapian

But not results to anything.

notmuch count returns "0"

xapian-delve ~/Maildir/.notmuch/xapian

returns:

UUID = 29fc3930-ecef-4b58-bb72-0c9de0f3e023
number of documents = 0
average document length = 0
document length lower bound = 0
document length upper bound = 0
highest document id ever used = 0
has positional information = false
currently open for writing = false

Apparently xapian thinks there isn't anything there.

xapian-check shows all good...

strace on notmail new spits out huge amounts of work, accessing apparently each email to be indexed, which seems right.

I have no clue how to debug further.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Bruce

--
Bruce Dillahunty

Re: No documents in index...

"Bruce C. Dillahunty" <[hidden email]> writes:

> Hello all... first time poster :-)
>
> Used notmuch for several years with mutt, but been away a while and coming back. Different machine, etc. In the past it always "just worked", but not so much now.
>
> I'm on a Linux box, notmuch built from git (tried 0.25 and latest git pull), xapian 1.4.4.
>
> I configure it, run "notmuch new" and it chews through an appropriate number (285000+) emails. It generates some large index files in ~/Maildir/.notmuch/xapian
>
> But not results to anything.
>
> notmuch count returns "0"
>
> xapian-delve ~/Maildir/.notmuch/xapian

Does the notmuch test suite pass? (make test)

Can you share the output of "notmuch config list"? I'm particularly
interested in the value of new.ignore

It's a long shot, but you could try moving $MAILDIR/.notmuch and
.notmuch-config out of the way and starting over with "notmuch setup"