Message Id in search summary

meOme meOme

Message Id in search summary

Hi,
I use
notmuch search myWord
for the search and the output seems to be the same as
notmuch search --output=summary myWord
So output=summary is the default, right?
Now (on a user's klick) I would like to show the Message from the saerch
result.
The Problem is, that there's only the Thread-Id in the summary, not the
Mail-Id!
Is it possible to get the mail-id in the summary (instead of, or additional
to) the thread-id?
What's the way to go?
Thanks a lot!

--
Sent from: http://notmuch.198994.n3.nabble.com/
Rollins, Jameson Rollins, Jameson

Re: Message Id in search summary

On Mon, Jun 03 2019, meOme <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I use
> notmuch search myWord
> for the search and the output seems to be the same as
> notmuch search --output=summary myWord
> So output=summary is the default, right?
> Now (on a user's klick) I would like to show the Message from the saerch
> result.
> The Problem is, that there's only the Thread-Id in the summary, not the
> Mail-Id!
> Is it possible to get the mail-id in the summary (instead of, or additional
> to) the thread-id?
> What's the way to go?

Look at: "notmuch search --output=messages ..."
It's described in the notmuch-search(1) man page.
hth.

jamie.

meOme <[hidden email]> writes:

> Is it possible to get the mail-id in the summary (instead of, or additional
> to) the thread-id?
> What's the way to go?
> Thanks a lot!

Currently the summary output is not configurable. It would be nice to
have some kind of "format string" or equivalent, but so far nobody
worked on that.