Quantcast

Limiting number of results in saved searches in Emacs ?

Olivier Berger-3 Olivier Berger-3

Limiting number of results in saved searches in Emacs ?

Hi.

I can't find a way to limit the number of results in saved searches in
Emacs. Mainly to avoid OOM issues.

It seems that --limit=N could help on the command-line.

However, the construction of the saved searches only allow to type search terms
and no options like --limit.

Would anyone have a better suggestion ?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
--
Olivier BERGER
http://www-public.telecom-sudparis.eu/~berger_o/ - OpenPGP-Id: 2048R/5819D7E8

Re: Limiting number of results in saved searches in Emacs ?

Olivier Berger <[hidden email]> writes:

> Hi.
>
> I can't find a way to limit the number of results in saved searches in
> Emacs. Mainly to avoid OOM issues.
>
> It seems that --limit=N could help on the command-line.
>
> However, the construction of the saved searches only allow to type search terms
> and no options like --limit.
>
> Would anyone have a better suggestion ?

A simple thing to do would be to limit the date range of the saved
search.