From some reason configured queries don't work for me

Doron Behar Doron Behar

From some reason configured queries don't work for me

I'm trying to create a special query to put in my configuration file and
I can't make notmuch answer this query with a command like this:

    notmuch search 'query:my_inbox'

This is what I've put in my `~/.notmuch-config`:

    [query]
    my_inbox=path:/INBOX/ or tag:tasks

I also tried running `notmuch search` like this:

    env NOTMUCH_DEBUG_QUERY=1 notmuch search 'query:my_inbox'

And this is the result I got:

    Query string is:
    query:my_inbox
    Exclude query is:
    Query((Kdeleted OR Kspam))
    Final query is:
    Query()

Any ideas? I'd be happy to get some help here, thanks!

Re: From some reason configured queries don't work for me

Doron Behar <[hidden email]> writes:

> I'm trying to create a special query to put in my configuration file and
> I can't make notmuch answer this query with a command like this:
>
>     notmuch search 'query:my_inbox'
>
> This is what I've put in my `~/.notmuch-config`:
>
>     [query]
>     my_inbox=path:/INBOX/ or tag:tasks
>
> I also tried running `notmuch search` like this:
>
>     env NOTMUCH_DEBUG_QUERY=1 notmuch search 'query:my_inbox'

You need to set the query with "notmuch config". The details are
explained in notmuch-config(1).