For some reason `index.header` feature doesn't quite work for anything except `List-Id`

Ciprian Dorin, Craciun Ciprian Dorin, Craciun

For some reason `index.header` feature doesn't quite work for anything except `List-Id`

Hello all!

I've tried to configure the following in my `notmuch.conf`:
~~~~
header.List=List-Id
header.Authentication=Authentication-Results
~~~~

Although most of my emails do have the `Authentication-Results` when I issue:
~~~~
notmuch count Authentication:
notmuch count Authentication:\"spf=pass\"
~~~~

I do get some emails counted, but very few compared to the size of the
entire dataset.

I've even tried to show (as mbox) those emails that `not Authentication:`.

Am I missing something?
(BTW, I'm using notmuch 0.31.3)

Thanks,
Ciprian.

Re: For some reason `index.header` feature doesn't quite work for anything except `List-Id`

Ciprian Craciun <[hidden email]> writes:

> Hello all!
>
> I've tried to configure the following in my `notmuch.conf`:
> ~~~~
> header.List=List-Id
> header.Authentication=Authentication-Results
> ~~~~

You (currently) need to use "notmuch config set" for these configuration items.

> Although most of my emails do have the `Authentication-Results` when I issue:
> ~~~~
> notmuch count Authentication:
> notmuch count Authentication:\"spf=pass\"
> ~~~~

If that doesn't work, I guess the first step to run your commands with NOTMUCH_DEBUG_QUERY=t
in the environment, and see what the Xapian queries look like.