FCC and Emacs.el

Micah Cobb Micah Cobb

FCC and Emacs.el

Hey everyone,

Sorry if this is an elementary question...

I have notmuch, offlineIMAP, and Emacs setup to use with my Gmail account. I am syncing with my "[Gmail].Sent Mail" folder (that's the folder name in the remote and local location.

I want to add a +sent tag to my mail (I have a presync.sh script connected to offlineimap that does this too), but offlineimap doesn't seem to be syncing my mail with the Gmail server.

I've seen a lot of people use FCC, but I keep getting an insert error (unless I set the variable to "nil" in my init.el file. I was trying to get it to insert "~/Maildir/[Gmail].Sent MailĀ +sent" but it isn't working, even if I escape the brackets and space with a slash.

Any idea of what I can do to fix this? I'm loving the setup so far, but this is an annoying issue.

(Also, I know some people only sync their All Mail folder. I'm not sure how that works as a two-way sync. I want the effects of my changes to notmuch tags to affect my Gmail account I log in. Any advice.

thanks!

Re: FCC and Emacs.el

Micah Cobb <[hidden email]> writes:

> I have notmuch, offlineIMAP, and Emacs setup to use with my Gmail account.
> I am syncing with my "[Gmail].Sent Mail" folder (that's the folder name in
> the remote and local location.
>
> I want to add a +sent tag to my mail (I have a presync.sh script connected
> to offlineimap that does this too), but offlineimap doesn't seem to be
> syncing my mail with the Gmail server.

I don't know much about offlineimap or gmail, but you might investigate

  https://github.com/gauteh/lieer

Which is designed to offer two-way synching between notmuch and gmail.