Break thread relationship

Ico Doornekamp-2 Ico Doornekamp-2

Break thread relationship

Hi,

I'm looking for a way to break thread relationship between emails; this
allows me to break up "false threads" that are caused by people replying
to unrelated mails from the past.

I tried to remove the "References" and "In-Reply-To" headers of the
offending mail, and reindex the thread. This seems not enough to
convince notmuch that these mails are no longer related, because the
original and separated thread still end up with the same thread ID.

Can this be done?

Thanks,

Ico

--
:wq
^X^Cy^K^X^C^C^C^C

Re: Break thread relationship

Ico Doornekamp <[hidden email]> writes:

> I tried to remove the "References" and "In-Reply-To" headers of the
> offending mail, and reindex the thread. This seems not enough to
> convince notmuch that these mails are no longer related, because the
> original and separated thread still end up with the same thread ID.

I would expect that to work in general.

One possibility is there are duplicate files for the message.

I'm reminded that I meant to distribute the attached script somewhere
(either in notmuch or in mailscripts). Perhaps you can run it before and
after your edits.

draw-thread (1K) Download Attachment