Add limit and offset to notmuch show

Jörg Volbers Jörg Volbers

Add limit and offset to notmuch show

Hi,

I'd like to repeat my wish to add some kind of search limit to
notmuch show, like it is already implemented in notmuch search.
Reason being that I written have my own little elisp client which
allows me to browse through "tagsets", that is, I look at all
mails corresponding to some predefined sets of tags. On the left
the tagset, on the right a preview of the matching threads. Since
it is only a preview, it simply makes no sense to execute all of
the query, so it would be great if I could simply pass some limits
to the query.

I believe my use case is not rare. A combination like the
parameters offset/limit already used by notmuch-search would allow
to considerably speed up all kind of client operations. The client
could just act on smaller parts or impose sensible limits. For
example, if looking at all mails, it makes sense to only show the
first 500 or so and only load further mails on request.

Regards,
Jörg

--
http://www.joergvolbers.de
https://fu-berlin.academia.edu/jvolbers

Re: Add limit and offset to notmuch show

[hidden email] (Jörg Volbers) writes:

> Hi,
>
> I'd like to repeat my wish to add some kind of search limit to
> notmuch show, like it is already implemented in notmuch search.

Your previous wish has been noted

     https://nmbug.notmuchmail.org/status/#Wish-list